What Nicotinell TTS 20 Step 2 Patches is and what are they used for
Nicotinell belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you to stop smoking. Nicotinell contains nicotine, which is one of the substances contained in tobacco.
Nicotinell Patches are for application to the skin. When applied to the skin, nicotine passes from the patch, through the skin and into your body.
Nicotinell patches help you stop smoking as part of an overall treatment programme.
Which patch should I use;
- If you smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day, use Step 1 Nicotinell TTS 30 (21mg/24 hour) patches.
- If you smoke less than 20 cigarettes per day or you have completed Step 1, use Step 2 Nicotinell TTS 20 (14mg/24 hour) patches.
- If you have completed Step 2, use Step 3 Nicotinell TTS 10 (7mg/24 hour) patches.
- Do not start the patch programme at Step 3.
- If you need advice before starting to use nicotine patches, talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
The active substance is nicotine. Nicotinell TTS 20 (Step 2) patches contain 35mg of nicotine and deliver on average 14mg of nicotine over 24 hours.
For the full list of ingredients, see patient information leaflet.
Cautions / Warnings:
For more information before using this product, see patient information leaflet included.
At McNallys Pharmacy365 we are concerned for your welfare. If you find the need to use this product on a regular basis, please contact us or speak to your Doctor. As this product is not recommended for continued use, we have to limit the quantity we are allowed to supply.